Submit your app for review
When your app is ready to be distributed to Thinkific course creators. You can submit it for approval to Thinkific.
Approved apps can gain access to the following opportunities:
- A personalized page in Thinkific's App Store
- Access to co-marketing opportunities with Thinkific to our customer base.
- Exclusive opportunities to be featured during the development and launch of an App Store.
Note: Your app can function as a Private App and be installed on customer accounts without approval. However, in order for it to be listed in the Thinkific App Store and and benefit from the visibility that comes with that, it must go through this approval process.
To ensure a quality of excellence is maintained for our course creators, it is important that our team review any apps which are going to be used by our course creators.
This guide provides some helpful tips on how to make sure your app is approved and also runs you through the process itself.
- Apps that function via standalone software which need to be downloaded by course creators to function
- Apps that take payment off Thinkific’s platform
- Apps that offer any financial services such as loans to course creators
- Apps that do not use Thinkific’s APIs
- Apps must provide an excellent UX and ease of use for our customers and provide instructions on how to be used
- Apps must not cause any performance issues for Thinkific course creators, site speed considerations will be very important for Thinkific.
- Your app must be stable and not introduce bugs into the Thinkific experience
- Your app must store salted password hashes instead of actual passwords, as described on OWASP.
- Your app must be protected against cross-site request forgery attacks, cross-site scripting attacks, and other security vulnerabilities.
- Your app must be served over HTTPS using a valid SSL certificate.
- Your app must not process payments or orders outside of Thinkific’s checkout.
- If your app is used by course creators in Europe, or course creators with buyers based in Europe, then it's your responsibility to make sure that your app is GDPR compliant.
- Your app must have adequate systems in place to ensure customers data is stored securely and safely.
- Your app must be Authenticated via the OAuth method
- Your app must include set-up instructions to help your customers set it up properly
- In order for your app to be listed on our integrations page you must provide us with adequate information as well as brand approved screenshots as well as information about your app. This will be the main place where our course creators find your app so it is really important that this information is correct.
- It is important that you have a process in place to provide continued support to your app to ensure customers receive help and that any quality issues and bugs are resolved in a timely manner
Follow this process in order to submit your app to Thinkific
- Test your app on a sandbox site to eliminate any bugs
- Fill out and submit our app review questionnaire
- Be sure to include any login credential necessary to test the app fully.
- Our team will review your submission and conduct some UX, security and reviews
- A member of our team will schedule a call to discuss your application, provide any feedback and give you an approved or failed status.
- If your app is not approved, you can resubmit it again after addressing the requirements from your feedback.
- Once an app has been approved we will work with you to develop the marketing material to launch the app on Thinkific.
Thinkific reserves the right to remove your app and uninstall it from all active sites if it's found to be in violation of any of these guidelines before or after approval.